Saturday, July 09, 2005

...and some musical notes

Watched all of live 8 last weekend...here's some thoughts:

MTV really messed this up...they barely showed any full songs.

London had the best lineup by far, but of course MTV chose more substandard artists from the Philly show and barely any from elsewhere.

You can get all the songs from all the bands here.

Audioslave is laughably bad...Chris Cornell has lost his ability to sing, and I don't think he ever had the ability to deliver spoken word lines ala Zack. I was a fan of both Soundgarden and Rage to a minimal degree (1 album each), but it is still disappointing...check it out here.

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, MTV's coverage was really pathetic. I don't know why they thought that people would want to watch 8 hours of their VJs droning on about how much cool stuff was going on that we should be watching. It's a sad day when AOL does the best job at anything. As an apology though, MTV and VH1 each aired 5 hours commercial free on this past Saturday which is what they should have done in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I saw some on VH1...that's what they should have done it the first place...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, did you ever send Dulli's email my way? I never got it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I did...I sent it to 2 emails I have for you...which one should I use now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. mruny@nc.rr.com is my main email... I never got any emails from you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can also try michaelruny@gmail.com Didn't we run into this issue before? Where I never got any emails that you sent to my roadrunner account? Wierd.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah the rr definately didnt work...Ill resend to the gmail one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wierd thing is that I got your reply to Troy at my RR email.... strange.

    ReplyDelete