Friday, August 11, 2006

...I can listen to Jimi, but I can't hear him

I'm playing Dead Rising right now on my 360. Fanatastic game, with the worst saving system ever. I can see in theory why the structured the system as they did, but in practice it's terrible. I garuntee you will get screwed early and often...it's probably not a good thing when your game welcomes a new player with the first time he dies by making him lose hours of work...

In spite of this the game is phenominal! Can't wait for DR 2...

7 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100% The bathroom thing is stupid! It's frustrating as hell to lose all of the effort that you've put into the game. On the other hand, you can take out your frustrations with hedge clippers which is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually saved my stats and restrated twice now...each time I didn't regret it...it gets better when you do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I accidently restarted once today. I should probably do it again but I don't feel like going through all the missions I had completed again....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, now I'm really mad at this game. I completed case 2-3 but it says that there's no time left and that the cases are over....weak. And, since I saved in the middle, there's no way to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't be scared to restart...every time I did, I didn't regret it...that is restart keeping your stats obviously

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:27 AM

    I worked on Dead Rising as a mocap actor. It's cool to see so many people playing it. I had nothing to do with the save system. Check out videos on my site

    http://www.myspace.com/mocapactor

    enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That stuff was great! Sounds like a fun job...my favorite scene was the clown...you did a good job making it eerie :)

    ReplyDelete