Wednesday, June 10, 2009

...E3 2009 Mega Post

E3 2009 was amazing. Started out by watching the Microsoft Press Conference with the other Harmonix employees in our lunch room. We all knew all the Beatles would be represented onstage and that we would have HMX employees demoing the game live. It went over really well:

http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com/launch.php

An hour later I hopped in a plane for LA and showed off the game to press and fans for 3 days straight. I have sung those 10 Beatles songs enough to last a lifetime now! And I still can't nail the low harmony in I Saw Her Standing There...Speaking of Harmonies, I'm happy to say that was one of the features I worked on. Wired has a nice writeup for how it works:

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/06/beatles-rock-band/

I also got the chance to go out a bunch with my old friend Darion (his blog is linked to the left). Thanks for the good times and letting me crash at your place for 2 nights.

I guess there's video out there on Fox news, G4, and the Xbox dashboard that people saw where I'm singing/demoing the game. But all I have today are pics!


We has parties every night after the show. Here I am on the first night playing with Giles Martin!

Got this from Joystiq.com. It's me and Nate playing with some conference attendees.

This group was awesome. I loved watching them slowly learn to harmonize.

The calm before the storm of the first day. We had 3 booths (Wii, Ps3, Xbox 360), a psp setup, and a rest area with meeting rooms. Oh yeah and a huge theater that was like Abbey Road Studio 2.

Setting things up on day 1.

We also had this huge list of all 700 Rock Band songs.

The inside of the theater where presentations were done every half hour.

We also had a Lego Booth and this area in the main hallway. This one was for the Pepsi sponsored contest where people could shoot there own videos.

That's the actual car from the movie!

Darion took me to a club called Einstein's. Unfortunately he couldn't get in with his sneakers so I went in quickly to check it out. Cool place!

In my very small amount of spare time I walked around and saw Eliza Dushku signing posters for the game Wet.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time. I saw a pic of you pop up on Joystiq.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of control awesome! Congrats, Sylvain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks - it was an amazing reception to say the least.

    ReplyDelete