Wednesday, December 29, 2010

...Android > All

My Iphone died recently which really pushed up my timetable for switching to Android.  It's weird going a couple weeks without a smart phone but the Nexus S has been worth the wait.  Had to wake up early on my vacation and head to Best Buy though.

I went to BB 10 minutes before they opened and 5 people were already there.  By the time the store opened there were 8 people.  The store had only 8 units too!  They didn't have T-mobile so they were only selling the Nexus S's unlocked for ~$500.  I originally wanted a contract so I went about calculating what an unlocked version plus T-mobile month-to-month would mean monetarily.  

Turns out by my calculations I'll be saving money after year and a half this way versus doing the $200 + more expensive contract.  Btw why is it so hard to see rates online for mobile companies for phones that are already unlocked?  I had to call T-mobile to find the prices out and even then the first guy didn't understand.



Pics in the next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment