Friday, January 27, 2012

...Best of 2011

Top 2011 Music:
Indian - Guiltless
Evile - Fire Serpent's Teeth
400 Blows - Sickness & Health
Helms Alee - Weatherhead
Rabbits - Lower Forms
Today is the Day - Pain Is a Warning
Earth - Angels of Darkness...

Top non-2011 music
Nirvana - Nevermind [20th Anniversary]
Black Breath - Heavy Breathing
A Flock of Seagulls - S/T
The Who - Quadrophenia [Reissue]
Stevie Wonder - Songs In The Key of Life
Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation
The Smiths - Box Set
108 -18.61
Pulp - Different Class
Groundhogs - Thank Christ for the Bomb
The B-52's - The B-52's
Janet Jackson - Control

Top 2011 Movies
Drive
The Muppets
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
American: The Bill Hicks Story
X-men: First Class
13 Assassins
The Troll Hunter
Super

Top Books I Read in 2011
Everybody Loves Out Town
Ubik
The Pixar Touch
Inside Scientology
Just My Type: A Book About Fonts
Boozehound
The World in Six Songs
Rat Salad: Black Sabbath
What the Dog Saw: And Other Adventures
Everyone Loves You When You're Dead
A Short History of Nearly Everything

Top 2011 Games
Skyrim
Batman: Arkham City
Portal 2
Plants vs Zombies (Android)
LA Noire
Battlefield 3
Uncharted 3
Atom Zombie Smasher
The Path of Go

1 comment:

  1. I love Ubik! I haven't read any Philip K Dick in far too long.

    Maybe it's a bit superlative of me, but I was really disappointed that The Muppets didn't get an Oscar nomination, aside from Music (Original Song), though I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, given that it's a comedy and a musical. Honestly, I wasn't that impressed by The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but perhaps that was because the book was too fresh in my mind. Rooney Mara was undeniably awesome.

    ReplyDelete