Friday, September 10, 2004

Firefox rules

So there's a internet explorer alternative out there that I've been suing for a few months called firefox. It's free and the best thing about it are extensions people write to make it even better. Here's the ones I'm using right now:
  • Basics - adds a new tab button on your tab bar
  • FLST - when a tab is closed, this will bring the last tab bar you were on into focus (defualt behavior is the tab to the left)
  • ieview - right click on a link and select this to open the link in internet explorer
  • BugMeNot - awesome extension that allows you to use submitted name/passwords to get into sites you're too lazy to register for (NY times, Miami Herald etc...)
  • Web Developer - very usefull if you are making a web site
  • Tab x - adds a button to close the tab on every tab
  • Petit TabBrowser Extension - essential extention to allow links to open in new tabs instead of new windows (I've tried others that claim to do this and this one works best)
  • undoclosetab - right click on the tab bar and you can undo a tab you've closed
Lemme know if I'm missing any essentials.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:35 PM

    A spell checker?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spell checker smell checker...lame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like TinyURL creator

    This extension brings the functionality of tinyurl.com closer to your fingertips. It will convert a long URL into a small, more managable one which is easier to share through email and instant messanger. This feature is useable from the Tools menu or as a Toolbar Element (Firefox).

    NEVER FEAR THE TRUNCATED EMAILED URL AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And why are you suing Firefox?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That extension sounds cool...I hate having to c+p all the urls I get sent that get chooped by outlook.

    Expect lots of spelling mistakes as I won't be spell checking; hence the "Lazy."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:47 PM

    Your blog site bores me. I need more content, perhaps about that intriguing roommate of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:40 AM

    Only boring people get bored. I want to hear more about the pillow

    ReplyDelete