Monday, May 23, 2005

...E3 mini-thoughts

General thoughts:
Lots of good current gen games. Maybe 'cause we're doing Shrek Super Slam I was surprised how many 3d brawlers there were...not surprisingly most were American made, and most were not too special the worst being the EA vs. Marvel game Also I was unimpressed by the next-gen stuff in general...Sony was up to their usual lies (albeit with very good looking vids) and Microsoft didn't show much that looked special at all...I was able to talk to Valve's Robin Walker and he said TF2 news is imminent (yay!).

Some notable cool games and a link for each:
Stubbs the Zombie
Shadow of the Collossus
Killer 7
Mark Ecko
Prey
Chibi-Robo
Hulk 2

Games I wanted to check out but were played behind closed doors:
black
gears of war
dead rising
nba 2k6 xbox360
madden xbox360
spore
bully

Notable Stinkers
Madden PSP - terrible framrate and camera too zoomed in for 16:9!
Top Spin Xbox 360 - looked like xbox1
Rockstar Booth - C'mon show off the games!

6 comments:

  1. That's great Jason-but what did you think of Star Wars. We don't get it until the 26th. Will be their opening night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'll say that Star Wars was pretty damned good.... I enjoyed it way more than the last two. The Xbox360 stuff looked weak, eh? That's disappointing since I was psyched by their announcement that it would be at least limitedly backwards compatible. Which do you think looked better, the 360 or PS3?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh. And how did Battlefield 2 look? Did you get to play it at all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't have a chance to see SW yet, though I am looking forward to it...Everyone is saying its better 'en 1 or 2...

    Saw BF 2 but didn't play it...it looked great as expected and I think it's coming out soon so I didn't need to play it much as I know I'll be getting it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS3 - all smoke n mirrors...

    XBox 360 stuff that was playable - rumor has it that MS spent $38 million on their booth, a good chunk on that was on wiring for the server that ran the "360" games.

    Weak sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I saw somewhere that they were running their demos off of G5s... that is pretty weak.

    ReplyDelete