Monday, January 31, 2005

...ipod shuffle

I bought an ipod shuffle the other day. I had to get it off craigslist as the apple store SF and the apple store online are all sold out. I got the 1 GB version and I'm liking it so far. It's really small, light and battery life seems decent. I can use as much of the space as I want as a flash drive to carry between work and home. Basically I got it for this use and for trips to florida and E3 and vacation...but I've found I've been using it a lot more than I expected: in the gym, to and from work, etc...

I've been listening to a lot more music lately because of this little guy. A combination of that and me wanting to document my music interests on this site has led me to research and purchase a lot more music lately. It helps that Tamsen is really busy at work so I have extra time (and I'm waiting on her for all those good movies that are out).

In any case this will be my last/only ipod purchase until they put GAPLESS PLAYBACK in their ipods. A 60 GB gapless ipod would fit my whole collection and would be an instant purchase for me.

s

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:19 PM

    what is gapless playback?

    ( my portfolio got accepted into cca which is in sanfran/oakland )

    your sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gapless playback allows you to play mp3s from an album without the annoying pop in between tracks that are suppossed to be seamless. It is especially annoying on concept and live albums. The problem is in the mp3 format which pads out songs with silence...it's an imperfect format to say the least.

    The solution however is to do what rio karma and winamp both do and remove silence at the end of tracks. This provides a seamless listen that can be indistinguisable from the real album.

    Heres a good site about gapless players: http://www.pretentiousname.com/mp3players/

    What is this cca!? That sounds cool...tell me more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds cool...anything is cool compared to s. florida...mom told me you got 2 other possibilities as well. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete